Plastic bags, whether they are given out by the supermarket, the grocery store, restaurants, or wherever, are a problem in India. Plastic bags, in particular its plastic film, which is made from polyethylene, are known to pose a threat to the environment and to the health of people. As much as 50-60% of the plastic in our land is in the form of plastic bags. The plastic bags are of different sizes, some are made of single use plastic while others are non-biodegradable.
Plastic bags are one of the most common man-made items. It is estimated that the global plastic bag production is about 5.8 billion bags annually. On an average, each American throws away about 22.6 plastic bags everyday. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the average plastic bag weighs only 0.05oz, but it takes nearly 1,000 years to decompose.
Plastic bags are great for keeping dry, but do they have to be used by every student of every age these days? They are quite harmful to our environment, and they even harm our health. Plastic bags are made of toxic chemicals, and they are also the most reused item. They are given to people at grocery stores, malls, and stores for free, but they are still being used instead of paper bags.
Plastic bags are very harmful to the environment since they are a substance that does not breakdown in the environment.
Many animals, including as dogs, cats, and cows, consume it, which may cause it to lodge in the respiratory system, resulting in death. The plastic bag has become an integral part of our lives in this age.
As a result, over usage of plastic bags has a detrimental impact on both health and the environment.
Because of the issue caused by the use of plastic bags, several towns across the world are now prohibiting them.
The thickness of these polythene bags is less than 50 microns. Many parts of the nation have outlawed the use of plastic bags.
- Water bodies have been contaminated as a result of increased use of plastic bags; since they are lightweight, they move via the wind. Many pieces of plastic may be observed floating about in the sea.
- Plastic is produced from nonrenewable energy sources such as petroleum and natural gas. This plays a significant role in contributing to climate change; greenhouse gases are produced when plastic bags are burnt in a fire.
- The plastic bag used 0.5 miles of energy to manufacture nine plastic bags.
- Because the primary issue is that plastic bags never disintegrate, deteriorating implies that the plastic bags break down into smaller pieces, which therefore never dissolve. And this is eaten by both aquatic and terrestrial creatures.
- Many aquatic creatures mistakenly believe the plastic bags to be food and eat them. It then does not digest and stays in the gastrointestinal tract. The animals die as a result of this. This is very harmful to their health.
- This has an impact on human health and may create disruptions in the regular functioning of the human body’s organs. There is a food chain between marine creatures and people; if fish ingest the plastic bag, the fish is indirectly eaten by humans, and there is a direct health issue as a result of it.
A Way To Cut Down On Plastic Waste
Stop purchasing water.
We should not drink water from a store because it is in a plastic bottle, which accounts for almost 20 billion plastic bottles each year. We should bring a bottle that can be used again and again.
Microbeads should be avoided.
All little products that people use on a daily basis, such as scrubbers, toothbrushes, and face scrubs, should be boycotted since they are also comprised of plastic materials that are extremely hazardous.
We should always eat healthier foods since if we order meals from a restaurant, the business will offer plastic bags. So cook as much as you can to cut down on the use of plastic bags.
If you have any more questions regarding Why Plastic Bags Should Be Banned, please leave them in the comments section below.
Plastic bags are the largest single source of plastic pollution in the world, yet they are still widely used by consumers, environmentalists, and governments. Plastic bags are almost universally accepted by the public because of the seemingly harmless nature of their packaging, but it has become clear that this is not the case. Each type of plastic bag has its own negative effects on the environment and human health.. Read more about advantages of banning plastic bags essay and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- why plastic bags should be banned essay
- plastic bags should be banned essay ielts
- should plastic bags be banned essay
- plastic bags should not be banned essay
- plastic bags should be banned essay