A student at the University of the Philippines, Diliman (UP) graudated with a near-perfect weighted average grade of 1.004. According to UP’s commencement announcements' webpage, Tiffany Grace C Uy, who will receive her bachelor’s degree in biology, will walk across the stage this Sunday at the top of her class.
UP, one of the country's top universities, is gearing up for their 104th graduation ceremonies, which will be held on Sunday, June 28, at the University Amphitheater.
The rest of the top 10 students are:
• Emir-Deogene Mendoza, BA Public Administration, WAG of 1.101
• Gabriella Victoria Timbancaya, BA Psychology, 1.107
• Marielle Antoinette Zosa, BA Philosophy, 1.125
• Bryan Casper Chan, BS Computer Science, 1.126
• Kenneth Anthony Roquid, BS Molecular Biology and • Biotechnology, 1.135
• Vincent Oville, BS Geography, 1.136
• Maria Patricia Riego de Dios, BS Psych, 1.139
• Liezel Tamon, BS MBB, 1.144
• Miguel Niccolo Rallonza, BA Anthropology, 1.149
This year’s graduating class consists of 4,431 total students. Twenty-nine are graduating Summa Cum Laude (those who’ve earned a 1.20 or better), while 248 will graduate magna cum laude (students with a weighted average grade or WAG up to 1.45), and 920 graduating cum laude (WAG up to 1.75).
Department of Education Secretary Armin A Luistro will keynote the ceremonies. – Rappler.com
- This story originally appeared at Rappler.com. Photo from UP Diliman website.